Finding a Commercial Landscaping Service
And What to Ask
Having the right commercial landscaping service can increase your commercial property’s curb appeal and value, and is more cost effective than large remodels or other upgrades. A clean and well-maintained landscape can positively contribute to your tenants and/or customers overall experience.
So you start a Google Search for “commercial landscaping services” (or some variation of that). However, before you start calling the myriad of companies in your area, be prepared to ask them some questions—after all, no two commercial landscaping services are the same.
- How long has the company been in business? Do they focus solely on commercial?
- Do they have case studies showing their work? Better yet, do they have references who are current clients?
- Are they licensed, bonded, and insured?
- Are they full service (do they offer irrigation services, grass fertilization, trimming, etc.)?
- Can they take the time to meet with you to walk the property before submitting an estimate?
So you’ve found a company that might be a good fit, and you have a walk-through set for your property. It’s important that both parties are on the same page regarding expectations. Keep these questions in mind for your walk-through:
- What type of maintenance plan do they recommend? Does the site need weekly or bi-weekly visits? Is it the same frequency all year? How does it compare to your current service provider (if applicable)?
- How is billing set up? Will you pay the same rate each month?
- Who is the point of contact for work or admin related questions?
- Will someone answer your calls or is there an automated system you have to navigate through in order to reach someone?
- Do they provide recommendations for enhancing the site?
- Is the work guaranteed?
- What are the property boundaries?
Keep these items in mind during your search for a commercial landscaping service. No two companies, and no two properties are the same.