Loitering and Your Landscaping Service Provider
Recently, we’ve noticed a trend from our commercial clients experiencing loitering on their property.
Below are some tips to help deter loitering at a property:
- Lock trash containers on the property when they are not being filled
- Eliminate potential hiding areas.
- Tree canopies should be maintained at least 8 feet above the ground.
- Bushes should be trimmed to less than 2-3 feet except where privacy or environmental noise mitigation is a primary concern
- If shrub/flower bed areas are a concern, consider removing the vegetation, and installing cobble rock
- Lock water spigots
- Make sure lighting is adequate around the property
While the growing homeless/loitering epidemic is a public issue, we believe that property owners can leverage their landscaping service provider to help deter people from loitering on their sites.